Sunday, July 22, 2012

FOODOGRAPHY: Mangovocado Sorbetes

The ice cream experiment started with an ice cream maker that went on sale. I chanced upon it in one of my mall wanderings. After checking that I can squeeze it on my budget, I bought one with eyes closed.

Have been dabbling with the gadget every chance I get. It can be a production number though since the machine requires bags of ice chunks to get going. But the thought of experimenting with flavors and tastes is too exciting sometimes so chuck the production number.

The latest flavor experiment is a combination of the fruits in season, mango and avocado in this case. What ifs reeled on my mind. What if I combine the two? What if I add a touch of yellow food color? The what ifs got me excited.

The mangovocado flavor resulted to a strong mango flavor but with a hint of tang from the avocado. It is a different taste. The consistency of this ice cream batch is much better than my earlier attempt.

Life musings: Just like in life, by ourselves, we are our own unique flavor,  but if we blend with other people and share our persons to them, we come up with exciting flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment